gnue-dev

[Gnue-dev] Presentation (fwd)

From: Bernardo Clavijo
Subject: [Gnue-dev] Presentation (fwd)
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 16:01:00 -0300 (ART)

Hello,
I'm kind of sysadmin from Argentina. I'm kind of programmer too.
I've been looking for a gnu enterprise tool a lot of times, and far away
this project wins the match.
I'm not a python guru, instead a newbie, but I hope to learn quickly. In
fact one big reason to be here is to begin python programming.
I think I see John Lenton here, hello John, maybe you remember me from
Lugar-* mailing lists.
I didn't have much time, maybe as low as 2 or 3 hours a week.
I've got a few questions, maybe some stupid ones, but I could not find
the answer, and I've never work for a free project before (I hope
contributions to this project to be my first "free work").

1) Being a "newbie" and having little time, bug-fix is my game?
2) Case the previous answer was "yes", what is the right path to begin,
who of you I could contact for sendig/receiving patches? What part of
documentation you think I must read?
3) Is GNUe usable in production situations? has someone used it? what
target/situation?

Forget my english It's not my mother tongue, in fact, sometimes I think
it's not my "anything" tongue at all ;-)

Saludos

    BJ
Bernardo Clavijo

PS: This mail was posted today to address@hidden, but I've seen that maybe
this list a more appropiate place to send it, so here it goes.