gnue-dev

Re: [Gnue-dev] New Architecture Drawing based on Whitepaper.

From: Neil Tiffin
Subject: Re: [Gnue-dev] New Architecture Drawing based on Whitepaper.
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 19:46:00 -0500

At 12:13 AM +0100 11/25/02, Reinhard Mueller wrote:
I'm not sure if you tried to combine 2-tier mode and appserver mode into
a single diagram (for example you have a direct link between forms
client and data interface, which actually only happens in 2 tier mode).

If yes, then this diagram is certainly something different from the .dia
diagram and provides a more "general" view of GNUe overall architecture.
However, in this case we should have a closer look again.

If no, then it overlaps with the dia diagram we have. Then, it might
make sense that you communicate with Ariel, as his diagram reflects the
results of our discussion better, while yours looks much more
professional :-)

I was trying to get across the ideas of common without going into too much detail. I think it is important to understand where there is significant overlap between common and appserver. Derek seemed a bit frustrated that we were discussion Security as if it was Appserver only and I wanted to make it clear how it all fits together.

I also would like to clearly understand the various API definitions both internal to appserver/common and external.