gnue-dev

Re: [Gnue-dev] New Architecture Drawing based on Whitepaper.

From: Reinhard Mueller
Subject: Re: [Gnue-dev] New Architecture Drawing based on Whitepaper.
Date: 25 Nov 2002 00:13:41 +0100

Neil,

Am Son, 2002-11-24 um 21.19 schrieb Neil Tiffin:
> I revised the color diagram based on the whitepaper.  The revised
> document is located at
>
> http://www.gnuenterprise.org/~neilt/GNUeNewGEASArchitecture201.png

Thanks!

> Once this is deemed OK I will send it on to be put on the web site.
> Or just let me know and I'll dump it and you can use the dia diagram
> instead.

I'm not sure if you tried to combine 2-tier mode and appserver mode into
a single diagram (for example you have a direct link between forms
client and data interface, which actually only happens in 2 tier mode).

If yes, then this diagram is certainly something different from the .dia
diagram and provides a more "general" view of GNUe overall architecture.
However, in this case we should have a closer look again.

If no, then it overlaps with the dia diagram we have. Then, it might
make sense that you communicate with Ariel, as his diagram reflects the
results of our discussion better, while yours looks much more
professional :-)

> Also it may be that the (d) and (e) interfaces are the same.   If
> someone that knows could let me know, I would appreciate it.

Actually, Forms uses the "Appserver" DB driver from Common to access
Appserver. So, actually the situation is like:

Forms Client - (d) - Data Interface - (e) L - Network - L (a)....

On a small side note, we decided to better rename the "Object
Repository" into "Class Repository", as we considered this to be the
better term.

Thanks,
--
Reinhard Mueller