gnue-dev

Re: [Gnue-dev] Mailing list for DCL tickets

From: Jason Cater
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 20:04:21 -0600

I'm not sure I'm sold on the idea either.  I'm also not 100% against it.
However, some questions:

> DCL account and they can put watches on what they like.  SOON, DCL will
> notify the 'contact' of a ticket on all work done for their item.
> Regardless if they are a DCL user.

This hasn't been happening? Whoops! I haven't notified people when I fix
their tickets. I thought they were getting email resolutions.

Re the linking from the web: I wonder if DCL should support native "guest"
accounts. That is, on the setup screen, you could identify which account,
if any, was considered the "guest" account.

Anyone clicking on a direct link into a DCL ticket, if they weren't
already logged in, would be taken to the ticket, but as the "guest" user.
For anyone to post to it, they'd need to log in to their account.   Of
course, this could be autodetected too -- if you try to post anything as
the guest user, it takes you to the log in screen.

For the traditional setups, like mine at NCS, I just wouldn't have a
"guest" account, so people would always need to log in.

Just an idea.

-- Jason