gnue-dev

Re: [Gnue-dev] Mailing list for DCL tickets

From: Derek Neighbors
Date: 28 Oct 2002 18:44:23 -0700

On Mon, 2002-10-28 at 03:52, Jan Ischebeck wrote:
> It would be great if there would be a seperate mailing list for new
> tickets.

I dont think I like this idea.

> Pro:
>  * Notification about new tickets for NON dcl users.

Anyone that wants to watch tickets can email me and I will set them up a
DCL account and they can put watches on what they like.  SOON, DCL will
notify the 'contact' of a ticket on all work done for their item.
Regardless if they are a DCL user.

>  * Tickets will get browsable/searchable by google ( through mailing
>    list archives)

Hmmmm.  I am not sure this is a huge plus.  The tickets should be
readily searchable already with the guest account.

>  * easy way to link to tickets from the web (I don't know if this is
>    already possible with dcl. To my knowledge its just possible to first
>    login in DCL as a test user to see/browse tickets)

It is in the CVS version. :)  Per jcater's bug submittal. :)

> Contra:
>  * time to set it up :)

I dont think setup time is a big deal, I just am not sure its a good
idea.

> ( one easy solution to set it up would be to create a new dcl user and
>   add product/ticket watches for all product for this user. the email
>   of this user would be the email for the mailing list )

If others think this is a good idea we can certainly do it.  I am not
sold 100%, but if others find it useful, I cant say I think its
damaging.

--
Derek Neighbors
GNU Enterprise