gnue-dev

[Gnue-dev] Re: [DotGNU]GEASv2

From: David Sugar
Subject: [Gnue-dev] Re: [DotGNU]GEASv2
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 08:44:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, Andrew Mitchell wrote:

> DotGNU people are willing to also look at GNUe for use with webservices, etc
> :)

I believe there is a natural synergy between the two projects.  DotGNU
could provide the framework and vehicle for extending GNUe into a
webservice, and I think this is some place GNUe will need to eventually
go.  Many of the things in GNUe, like invoice and supply chain management,
general ledger, report generation, etc, are not "sexy" applications, but
they are things at the core of and required for any enterprise, and being
able to provide such services thru the web as well as locally could prove
very useful.

Imagine also the B2B possibilities if people can share invoice/ap or
automate order processing directly by invoking each other's accounting
service components directly (and VERY securely, of course! :).