gnue-dev

Re: [Gnue-dev] Re: Re: [DotGNU]GEASv2

From: Reinhard Mueller
Subject: Re: [Gnue-dev] Re: Re: [DotGNU]GEASv2
Date: 25 Apr 2002 13:54:50 +0200

Hello,

Am Don, 2002-04-25 um 13.40 schrieb Asif Ali:
> 1. Corba : whether we like it or not..absolute, not prefered
> because of tough implementation.
>
> 2.Use of other RPCs for communication.

As the new GNUe Appserver will use the GNUe Common Library, different
communication means will be usable, like XML-RPC.

> 3.Support for both DotGNU based components (assemblies),
> webservices and java based components for reusability of objects
> at runtime.

I'm not sure what this means in detail. What explicit features would be
needed for that?

> and a lot more generic issues..such as stability and
> performance.

They are very high on our priority list anyway.

> one more thing that worried me was that the authors had openly
> admitted making mistakes in GEASv1.

Sorry, but I can't see a bad move in admitting mistakes.

Thanks,
--
Reinhard Mueller
GNU Enterprise project