Re: [Gnucap-devel] git repository cleanup

From: Kevin Zheng
Subject: Re: [Gnucap-devel] git repository cleanup
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 23:17:45 -0500

On 05/16/2016 21:53, al davis wrote:
> Stale branches:
> - cmake-WIP
> - bsx_mingw
> What is the status?  We need to keep these, but they seem to have
> stalled in an incomplete state.

On cmake-WIP, it's been a long time since I last took a look. The main
reason it's stalled is that CMake needs substantial coaxing to play well
with the staged Make process; that is, I'm not sure if there's a clean
way to work in the existing build system.

For this reason I think it might be better to stick to the build systems
we have. I was originally thinking CMake because it generates lots of
types of Make files (e.g. IDE project files), but only if you stick to
the primitives that CMake has generators for.

If cmake still sounds interesting I can take another look and see if I
can kick it back into shape.

Best,
Kevin

--