gnuastro-devel

[task #15128] TPV and SIP keywords when WCS distortions are necessary

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [task #15128] TPV and SIP keywords when WCS distortions are necessary
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2020 18:44:21 -0400 (EDT)

Update of task #15128 (project gnuastro):

        Percent Complete:                      0% => 80%

Follow-up Comment #30:

This is great Sachin! This task is almost complete, so I marked it as 80%
completed. All that is left is (as you said, sanity checks) and also an
interface.

Two options come to my mind (I like both of them, and maybe later we can
indeed have both of them! but we'll need to select one for a start).

1. Adding a new common option
<https://www.gnu.org/software/gnuastro/manual/html_node/Common-options.html>
to all Gnuastro programs, something like '--wcsdistortion', allowing users to
set their desired distortion standard for the output of any program.

2. Adding a whole new Gnuastro program devoted to WCS-related operations!

Raul and Samaeh, what do you think?

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?15128>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/