gnuastro-devel

[task #15670] Calculating reverse coefficients of TPV to SIP

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [task #15670] Calculating reverse coefficients of TPV to SIP
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2020 17:53:35 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #1, task #15670 (project gnuastro):

Please implement the fitting of a 2D array with a polynomial through GSL as a
generic/modular function and call it for this task.

The reason I am suggesting this is that we can use such a function in several
other Gnuastro programs in other contexts. Later, we'll create a new '.h' file
(maybe called 'nlinfit.h' for non-linear fit) for it in Gnaustro's library.

But for now, if its just a simple/modular function, it would be good: taking
in a 2D array (as 'gal_data_t' and a set of parameters) and returning an array
of polynomial coefficients (ideally as 'gal_data_t').

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?15670>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/