gnuastro-devel

[task #15317] Concatenate two or more tables

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [task #15317] Concatenate two or more tables
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020 20:52:24 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #4, task #15317 (project gnuastro):

Thanks Madhav, This seems like a good implementation for concatenating columns
(where the number of rows doesn't change). I am happy to see you have such a
good understanding of Gnuastro's core data structure ;-).

When concatenating rows (such that the number of columns doesn't change), you
can use the column metadata of the first input.

After the functions are implemented, this operation can be done like the
command below. When we want to concatenate the columns of `table-add.fits'
with `table-base.fits'.

$ asttable table-base.fits --catcolumns=table-add.fits

Or this way to concatenate rows:

$ asttable table-base.fits --catrows=table-add.fits

Some checks also need to be done on the sizes to make sure that it is
possible.

Finally, we can implement these two options so they can be called multiple
times (and merge multiple tables). For example

$ asttable table-base.fits --catrows=table-add-1.fits
--catrows=table-add-2.fits

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?15317>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/