gnuastro-devel

[task #13658] Work on concave polygons too

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [task #13658] Work on concave polygons too
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2020 18:16:32 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #3, task #13658 (project gnuastro):

This seems to be a promising idea! It is an important problem in several
astronomical scenarios, not just the Crop program (as mentioned in the first
post). I have always been wanting to do this, but never found the time.

In Gnuastro such jobs are done in the polygon.h library
<https://www.gnu.org/software/gnuastro/manual/html_node/Polygons.html>. As you
see, their inputs and outputs are simple arrays of numbers/coordinates (double
*) and integers (size_t). So to start with, you can write and test it
completely outside of Gnuastro, once its done and we see it works, we can
easily copy it into Gnuastro ;-).

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?13658>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/