gnu3dkit-discuss

[Gnu3dkit-discuss] Suggestion

From: Brent Gulanowski
Subject: [Gnu3dkit-discuss] Suggestion
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2003 14:22:31 -0500

I believe it would help solidify the design of 3DKit if there was an example application built at the same time. This application would probably be just a simple viewer, as are included with both Open Inventor and Quesa. Personally I find it more difficult to envision an engine out of context -- that is, outside of an application and a set of generic user tools. It is not strictly necessary to build the client application. It would probably be worth developing an NSView subclass for the OpenGL renderer, and defining a standard mapping of user input onto changes applied to the scene graph.

Brent Gulanowski
--
Ten thousand years ago, the state of the art was a goat. -- Cory Doctorow