gnu3dkit-discuss

Re: [Gnu3dkit-discuss] Suggestion

From: Philippe C . D . Robert
Subject: Re: [Gnu3dkit-discuss] Suggestion
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 12:59:21 +0100

On Tuesday, March 11, 2003, at 11:36  Uhr, Gerard Iglesias wrote:
On Tuesday, March 11, 2003, at 09:33 PM, Philippe C.D. Robert wrote:
Good point. I agree that an application and demo code will help. Such an app should highlight the features of the kit and show how to use it while remaining simple - so it is not an easy task. But I encourage everyone to start thinking about this topic! BTW I thought about such an app as well, my idea was to develop a viewer app which can be used to control the 3DKit's shaders at runtime, kind of a RenderMonkey but based on G3DShaders.

BTW if the current design will survive then you will not have to subclass NSView but just use NSOpenGLView (at least when using OpenGL for displaying the rendering).

Ok, my work on the rib file parser will give an interesting example of the use of the 3Dkit API to build a complete 3D scene with the use of the mathematical tools...

My work progress slowly by is in the good way :)

This is good to hear!

I on my side am still working on the rendering interface part - ie. I am implementing a ray tracing based renderer which can be used as an alternative to OpenGL.

The intention for doing this is that I'd like to have 2 different renderers for testing and validating the design so that we do not by mistake make decisions based ie. on OpenGL constraints.

-Phil
--
Philippe C.D. Robert
http://www.nice.ch/~phip