gnu-linux-libre

Re: [GNU-linux-libre] [gnu.org #1712352] freenix endorsed ?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] [gnu.org #1712352] freenix endorsed ?
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2021 23:38:43 +0300

* Therese Godefroy via RT <webmasters-comment@gnu.org> [2021-04-06 18:59]:
> Hello Linux-libre people,
>
> Another one... Thanks!
>
> Thérèse
>
> Le Lun 05 Avr 2021 11:41:10, walidslack@gmail.com a écrit :
> > Hello guys it's me again.
> > The developper Freenix wait from longtime their distribution be endorsed.
> > I can see to libreplanet : https://libreplanet.org/wiki/Incoming_distros
> > You should finish this work and we will a new distribution to the list
> > based to Slackware.
> > https://freenix.net/

Developers of Freenix should participate. Are you one of them?

I wish to see Freenix included in the FSF list of fully free and
endorsed GNU/Linux distributions. Since PureOS we did not see new one
coming. We should rush.

What I don't understand is the mentioning of these packages which are
non-free:
https://freenix.net/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=slackware_14.0

What is very hard to find on that website is:

- Packages, package list or search of packages, as that is starting
  point to verify if there are some considered non-free or
  non-compliant to FSF Free Distribution Guidelines

- Issues -- I have seen it, but I missed it, it is very hard to find
  issues. That is one of requirements.

Jean