gnu-linux-libre

Re: [GNU-linux-libre] [gnu.org #1712352] freenix endorsed ?

From: bill-auger
Subject: Re: [GNU-linux-libre] [gnu.org #1712352] freenix endorsed ?
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2021 12:48:24 -0400

Thérèse -

it appears that you relayed a nearly identical message form
the same person, about six months ago:
https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gnu-linux-libre/2020-09/msg00005.html

unfortunately, no one responded - the last report we saw
regarding freenix, was in 2019:
https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gnu-linux-libre/2019-06/msg00011.html

that same 'incoming distros' page explains the process:
> Once the distro has passed community review, the application
> manager should move the entry on this page from the list under
> the 'Distros currently being evaluated by the community' heading
> to the list under the 'Distros ready for final review by the
> FSF' heading; and then escalate it's application to
> <licensing@fsf.org> for final brief review and endorsement. The
> final determination of whether a distro gains endorsement will
> be made by the FSF licensing team.

freenix is listed under: "Distros ready for final review by the
FSF" - the community evaluation, on the mailing list, was
considered to be completed 3 years ago - the "final brief
review" is handled internally by the FSF; and not on the public
mailing list - it has clearly languished; but we do not know why

if you need to forward that message, forward it to
licensing@fsf.org