Nokia 6060 drops connection after short inactivity

From: j
Subject: Nokia 6060 drops connection after short inactivity
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 16:25:28 +0000 (UTC)

I'm trying to get the opensync-gnokii plugin to work with a Nokia 6060.

Everything works fine, unless I'm trying to sync more than a few entries.

* Opensync first collects all entries from both sources (which works fine),
* than figures out which entries should be synchronized (which seems to take
too lang for my phone, so it drops the connection),
* and than tries to write entries to the phone (which fails with timeouts,
since the phone has dropped the connection in the meantime).

The same can be reproduced with "gnokii --monitor". If I interrupt this for a
few seconds (e.g. with CTRL-Z) it resumes working. After an interruption of
maybe 30 seconds it failes to resume.
Similarly xgnokii doesn't work, as it takes too long to open the menu.

Is there a simple way to fix this?
Would it be reasonable to modify the retry loop, so it resets the connection
upon timeout?

(I'm using the 6510 driver with mode dku5 and a cloned cable with ark3116 chip
supported by the kernel)