Re: Nokia 6060 drops connection after short inactivity

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Nokia 6060 drops connection after short inactivity
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 12:50:10 +0100

Hi,

On 11/14/06, Jari Turkia <address@hidden> wrote:
j wrote:
> * than figures out which entries should be synchronized (which seems to take
> too lang for my phone, so it drops the connection),

First you need to realize, that it is very possible that the reason for
timeout is in the the phone firmware, not Gnokii code. This has been
discussed on this mailing list before.

Well, I'd say it's a feature not a bug. If you stop sending frames the
remote end closes the connection.

The solution for this problem depends on the opensync implementation.
Gnokii only provides the means of transportation, it's up to you to
steer properly.

That's true. I think also that it is the application who should keep
the connection being up.

take care,
pkot
--