Re: Telephone interface init failed: Command timed out.

From: Thilo Hardt
Subject: Re: Telephone interface init failed: Command timed out.
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 16:52:09 +0100

Am 09.11.2006 um 20:09 schrieb Pawel Kot:

Hi,

On 11/9/06, Thilo Hardt <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

i have a problem with gnokii. It's kind of weird.
I moved with my Nokia 5110 attached to a Ubuntu 4.51 workstation to a
workstation with Debian sarge.
At the Ubuntu workstation, everything worked fine. But at the new
workstation i have problems:

After sending 3 to 5 sms every --sendsms or --getsms SM 1 10 fails with
"Telephone interface init failed: Command timed out."

Only manual resetting of the nokia resolves the problem - for some time.

I can reproduce the problem at any time if i deposit following command:
gnokii --getsms SM 1 20

Is it the same gnokii version? If so it is gnokii independent problem
(try to poke kernel people).

Looks it is really a gnokii independent problem. It is the same cable, the same mobile and the same gnokii version.
The kernel and the mainboard are different.

However, i got it with

sm_retry = 1

working.

Thilo