Re: .gnokiirc settings for Nokia 6015i with CA42 data cable?

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: .gnokiirc settings for Nokia 6015i with CA42 data cable?
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 21:12:15 +0100

Hi,

On 3/17/06, Cameron Laird <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 17, 2006 at 07:18:14PM +0100, Pawel Kot wrote:
> > IMHO this is incorrect. CA-42 supports FBUS as well as DKU-5 does.
> Pawel, what reference do you recommend for FBUS programming?

Either I don't get what you mean or you don't get the point. FBUS is
Nokia proprietary communication protocol. There's no official
documentation. All you can get is the documentation from the projects
like gnokii.

> I need to understand how it should work, apart from the
> existing gnokii implementation; to this point, I haven't made
> progress with the simplest CA-42 software access.  Maybe I'm
> reading the wrong documents.

I haven't seen yet even a clone of such cable and not tested it yet
though. Like with DKU-5, the support problem is probably with
operating system support. Probably we could make some libusb driver,
but some more details on the cable would be needed.

take care,
pkot
--
Pawel Kot