Re: .gnokiirc settings for Nokia 6015i with CA42 data cable?

From: Cameron Laird
Subject: Re: .gnokiirc settings for Nokia 6015i with CA42 data cable?
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 16:10:29 +0000

On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 12:27:55AM -0500, Walter Dnes wrote:
                        .
                        .
                        .
>   The CA42 is the latest/greatest cable, and linux support may not be
> there yet.  Its predecessor, the DKU-5 cable is still available.
                        .
                        .
                        .
I think this is false.

Yes, Nokia is definitely abandoning the DKU-5 in favor of the
CA-42 in all it does at a consumer level.  However, from
everything I know, the CA-42 is absolutely LESS capable than
the DKU-5.  While I'd love evidence to the contrary, my
understanding is that Nokia makes, for example, MMS data
available only through FBUS access, which the DKU-5 supports
but the CA-42 does not.

I also have issues with the availability of the DKU-5, but
that can be for another time.