Re: Nokia phones and data cables

From: Cameron Stone
Subject: Re: Nokia phones and data cables
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 12:09:39 +1000

The DKU2 is apparently a straight usb connection to the phone, but the DKU5
has a usb to serial (FBUS?) converter in it. I do not think they are
interchangeable at all.

However, this is a new cable called the CA-42, which does both. Nokia stokists
should have it, and there's more info on the nokia website. I'm trying to use
it with the 3105 (CDMA), with mixed success. The command set seems different
to the other phones in gnokii. I've hooked it up to a windows machine, and it
worked perfectly there with the nokia drivers. I also traced the connection,
and when I have time I'll convert it into a new gnokii driver.

Cameron.