Nokia phones and data cables

From: Peter Robinson
Subject: Nokia phones and data cables
Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 00:04:08 +0100

Hi All,

I use gnokii under linux and have had pretty good success with it on
my 6230 and other models like the 6310. Good work.

I was wondering about the use of the different data cables. I have
both a 6230 (private) and a 3100 (work) and the Nokia web site
mentions the DKU-5 for the 3100 and the DKU-2 for the 6230. Does
anyone know the difference in the two and whether they are
interchangeable or whether one of them is usable with gnokii on both
phones (even with limited functionality).

Cheers,
Pete