Re: Samsung s105 w/ gnokii

From: Ladislav Michl
Subject: Re: Samsung s105 w/ gnokii
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 09:15:20 +0100

On Sat, Jan 18, 2003 at 03:00:52PM -0500, Bob Copeland wrote:
> Hello all,

Hi!

> I just thought I'd drop a note and say that I managed to download
> phone entries from my Samsung S105 as a generic AT phone, using the
> latest snapshot.  I had to modify the SetCharset() function to do
> nothing because the S105 starts in PCCP437 and ATT+CSCS="GSM"
> returns "ERROR" causing the program to terminate.

There are some more phones which cannot get/set charset. Look at
common/phones/atbosch.c how to do it. I know, it is a litle bit ungly
and I'm fixing it right now :-)

As a side note here is an idea:
Currently we have "switch" in most of phone drivers. Replacing this with
a table (as Manfred implemented in AT driver) would allow feature probe
(GUI should be able to enable/disable control for implemented features)

> I don't know if it's in the scope of the project, but if there's any
> interest I can try to fix that properly as well as any other
> functions.  I also have mapped out some additional AT commands for
> the Samsung including wallpaper and ringtone (mmf) upload, so I
> could perhaps work those in as well.

Extending number of supported phones is definitely in scope of project.
Could you send me diff "as is"? It is always helpfull to have as much
informations as possible before implementing.

> There is some interest in doing open source work specifically for
> the Samsung on howardforums.com but that seems to me like a
> duplication of effort.

We are one in mind :-)

        ladis