Re: patch for xgnokii_sms.c, SMS is marked as read when you click on it

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: patch for xgnokii_sms.c, SMS is marked as read when you click on it
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 01:57:31 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 19 Jan 2003, Ulrich Hopp wrote:

> > Thanks a lot! I was waiting for someone to implement this functionality
> > for ages! Thanks again :-)
> I thought before you getting to old I should do it.

:-)

> But please test. I can  test only with my Nokia 6310 at the moment.

Okay. Will test tomorrow with 6210 and 6130.

> It was the last on my personal ToDo list in section SMS. Now I'll switch to
> section Calendar ;-)

Good news. I stuck with correct multiple deletion from xgnokii. With my
local changes xgnokii coredumps. The problem is already described be me a
couple of days ago (it touches only nk7110 and nk6510 drivers): when you
delete multiple messages, you delete them in loop giving as the argument
the sequent driver. nk7110 and nk6510 drivers use "virtual" memory
locations to not bother the user with 0x0000 - 0xffff locations. The
location is mapped with calendar stats info. And DeleteCalendarEntry()
function from these drivers gets such stat info before each deletion. So
when the message #1 is deleted, before doing the next deletion, the
entries are renumbered and the incorrect message is removed.

I can see 2 solutions. First one is to remove them in the reversed order.
But I find this solution ugly and may cause problems in the future.

The second one is what I implemented in gnokii and the drivers. The user
app should set the data->calnote_list field and zero it. The driver will
check if the data->calnote_list->number is not 0. If it is 0 it will get
the stats. If not, it will assume that we have current data in the
data->calnote_list. We need to to the same with xgnokii. The flaw is that
we will have probably the races in xgnokii but to be honest I don't care.

pkot