[gNewSense-users] Atheros AR5B97 not working with gNewSense

From: Ricardo Jorge
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Atheros AR5B97 not working with gNewSense
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 12:16:20 +0000

Hi there.

I'm having an issue with an Atheros AR5B97 wireless card.
I installed the deltah version and upgraded the linux kernel to a version with ath9k drivers but it's still not recognized. It don't appear in the network devices list when i use 'ifconfig' or 'iwconfig' commands or the graphical interface. Even the command 'lspci' shows it as an unknown device, being able to show the device manufacturer though.

My laptop is a
Packard Bell Easynote TK85-GN-381PT. Can the problem be the laptop itself? I bought a Packard Bell because that brand is known to be highly compatible with Linux operating systems.

Can you help with that problem?