Re: [gNewSense-users] Atheros AR5B97 not working with gNewSense

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Atheros AR5B97 not working with gNewSense
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 20:11:49 +0200

Ricardo Jorge wrote:
Hi there.

I'm having an issue with an Atheros AR5B97 wireless card. I installed
the deltah version and upgraded the linux kernel to a version with
ath9k drivers but it's still not recognized.

Which Linux(-libre) version did you install. If you installed a prebuilt binary, where did you get it?

It don't appear in the
network devices list when i use 'ifconfig' or 'iwconfig' commands or
the graphical interface. Even the command 'lspci' shows it as an
unknown device, being able to show the device manufacturer though.

Can you show us the output of lspci?