Re: hopefully last words on this thread WAS [gNewSense-users] re: I deci

From: Paul O'Malley - gnu's not unix -
Subject: Re: hopefully last words on this thread WAS [gNewSense-users] re: I decided to abandon gNewSense
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 20:57:55 +0100

Eric Morey wrote:
On Wed, 2009-05-20 at 20:28 +0200, Graziano Sorbaioli wrote:

People it would have been better if the efforts that went into non free
suggestions had gone into helping Patrick run GNASH, and helping him and
others understand non free codecs.

Do you realize that running Gnash will not accomplish his goal of
watching video on MLB.com?

someone should have said this already ;-)

in my opinion it looks like drm and pay per view with dmca threats from what I see

(drm is epic fail but what of it)

http://www.archive.org/details/TrustedComputing

see the ogg links foot of the page

should you get involved not with them I could call them names but I think RMS says it best when he says

Digital Restrictions Management

codec issues should be in a mail about codecs

this thread is well and truly hammered

I'll start a mail about codecs and maybe people can say what tools they use to get from (A) to (B) with codec stuff

can we please leave this alone now

P.