Re: [gNewSense-users] RE: I decided to abandon gNewSense

From: david
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] RE: I decided to abandon gNewSense
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 10:59:16 -0700 (PDT)

"Mu" <address@hidden> wrote:
> I like this project a lot, but I think it is difficult for newbies to
> face the problems they can find using this distro, and even more
> difficult to understand the reasons to face them.

gNewSense is unique in that the distribution doen't exist to self-propagate. It was made to provide an example of uncompromising software freedom as well as a working distribution for those who hold software freedom as a prerequisite for ethical computing.

As for the reasons to face these challenges, they become clear when we say, we will not support non-free software. If all a user learns from their time with gNewSense is that some people care strongly about software freedom, that may get them to think more about it.

-weex