Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: Hi! And a suggestion for a new translation

From: Matthew Flaschen
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: Hi! And a suggestion for a new translation
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 20:48:25 -0500

Yann Kiraly wrote:
>> I've not been there for a while, but #gnewsense-de might hve people in
>> it during .de daylight.
>> Also, you should be able to translate the wiki without special access.
>> If you work on it for a few weeks, I'm happy to give you access to the
>> main website.
>> kk
>
> Hmm. I don't quite get how to edit things in the wiki. For example, when
> I go to the German wiki page and click on FAQ,

Which page are you trying to translate, http://www.gnewsense.org/FAQ/
(the main FAQ) or http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Main/FAQ (no longer really
an FAQ)?  What Karl is saying is that you won't be able to edit
www.gnewsense.org until you're "vetted".  So for now you can only edit
wiki.gnewsense.org .

> Oh, and is this the correct way to continue a thread in a mailing list,
> as this is being sent on another day than the original message? I'm new
> to mailing lists in general, does anyone know of a good guide on mailing
> list etiquette?

The best thing to do is reply (i.e. click Reply when that message is
open or highlighted) to the message you're replying to. :)   If you're
replying generally to a thread, just reply to the last message.  That
way everything stays threaded.

Matt Flaschen