Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: free is not sufficient

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Re: free is not sufficient
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 20:04:43 +0200

Jorge Rodríquez wrote:

> I see gNewSense not (only) as a system to use myself, but (also) as a
> means to  promote (GeNUine) Free Software, by giving (example).
>
> For my, the principles are more importants that the functionality. I
> want that gns is a MORAL REFERENCE.

Right, and in my view packages like gnomeicu, grouch.app and the
various Jabber transports (that serve proprietary IM protocols) are
not only useless, but harmless for the community.  Distributing them
means encouraging users to use non-free protocols.

To make the analogy with OOo, if it was only capable to read and write
the .doc format, I would never install it.