Re: [Gnewsense-dev] New installation issues

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] New installation issues
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2014 15:31:41 +0200

Op Fri, 28 Mar 2014 20:28:13 -0400
schreef George Roberge <address@hidden>:

> I did not try any other kernels because I figured, from what I saw on
> that site, that I needed to update my repo list.  Without Internet
> access that would not have been possible.  I only read through the
> site fast, though, so if there is an offline way to do it I missed it.

You can use another computer (or OS) to download a linux-image deb
straight from the repo pool [1]. The copy it to the gNewSense partition
and install it using "dpkg --install /path/to/file" or gdebi.

> I'll assume that someone worked on it last night, because this morning
> it was humming along.

I guess spammers (or their botnets) have to sleep too. :)

[1] http://linux-libre.fsfla.org/pub/linux-libre/freesh/pool/main/l/