Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Installing Gnewsense on Macbook Air, keyboard dead

From: 白い熊@相撲 道
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Installing Gnewsense on Macbook Air, keyboard dead during install
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2013 11:19:16 +0100

On 2013-12-09 11:10, Karl Goetz wrote:
selecting the entry in the splash menu. I.e. I can scroll the options
in the boot splash menu, after hitting enter when the first dialog is
brought up the keyboard doesn't react to any presses.

Are you about to change to one of the virtual consoles? Try pressing alt f3.

As long as I'm in the initial CD boot menu, all's fine. Unfortunately, once a selection is made, the keyboard dies and there is no way to operate the install, switch to other consoles etc.

I am not aware on a way to use the live installer in expert mode unfortunately.

That is unfortunate, thanks for the confirmation though.

Please, someone help me... I don't want to settle for Ubuntu...

I feel I should note here there ate other free distributions you can
try before that point.

Looks like I'll have to be heading that direction...
--
白い熊@相撲道