Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Potential new developer

From: hugh.mayfield
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Potential new developer
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 17:37:48 -0400

On 2013-09-16 17:13, Sam Geeraerts wrote:
Op Sun, 15 Sep 2013 23:23:05 +0000 (UTC)
schreef Hugh Mayfield <address@hidden>:

I'm just beginning to develop my C skills.  I don't know other
languages other than BASIC.  I appreciate my resume coming to this
project isn't ideal, but I'm *very* keen to learn and would *love* to
contribute to gNewSense.  I would be *honoured* to contribute to this
project.

Let me know if there are things I can do.

Welcome to our humble community.

Thank you.

We don't have many todo items specific to C right now. Taking on
Epiphany [1] is a bit heavy for a beginner. :)  But learning the basics
of patching a package [2] is certainly useful in order to solve many of
our bugs [3].

What skills are needed?  I'll learn whatever is most in demand.

I've created an account on Savannah but got an error when I tried to
create one on the website?

Sorry about that. It's a short term measure against the increasing spam
we've been having [4]. I hope to enable account creation again in a few
days.

OK, no probs.

[1] https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?39232
[2] http://www.gnewsense.org/Packaging