Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Wiki spam

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Wiki spam
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 23:01:23 +0200

Op Fri, 6 Sep 2013 11:23:52 +1000
schreef Andrew R. <address@hidden>:

> It looks like the MoinMoin developers will introduce email account
> activation soon as well. A patch for 1.9.7 was uploaded to their wiki
> yesterday (but might not be properly tested):
>
> http://www.moinmo.in/MoinMoinPatch/VerifyAccountCreationByEmail
>
> It appears the Debian wiki is using this patch at the moment.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm afraid the wiki is currently not email
enabled [1].

Let's try the "babysitting" option first. I've added a site-wide ACL
for EditorGroup [2]:

acl_rights_default = u"EditorGroup:read,write,delete,revert All:read"

This means that any member of EditorGroup can edit. Those people can
also grant membership to others. So all allowed users can allow new
users. I've added a few of the recently active people to the group.

I've purposely not added rsiddarth so that someone else can add him to
see if this system works. If it does, I'll announce the change on
-users and News and activate new account creation again. We'll need to
think of a nice way to handle requests, though.

So, everyone who wants edit rights, please raise your finger!

[1] http://www.moinmo.in/MoinMoinPatch/VerifyAccountCreationByEmail
[2] http://www.gnewsense.org/EditorGroup