Re: [Gnewsense-dev] patch for irssi bug.

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] patch for irssi bug.
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 15:46:51 +0200

Op Fri, 13 Sep 2013 17:59:33 -0500
schreef Richard Hinojosa <address@hidden>:

> I worked through the remaining instructions and I got a diff file. I
> am going to add as attachment for review.

Great! Your diff applies nicely and it solves the issue. To take it to
perfection you can improve these points:

- The changelog should have only 1 new entry; the only change to the
  version string should be to add "gnewsense1".
- The Vcs-* entries in the control file should be just the source
  package name, not including the version number.
- The name of the debian/patches file should give some indication of
  what it does.
- Bonus points if you add a DEP-3 header to the patch (e.g. [1]), using
  the Author field to give credit to Harry.

[1]
http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/lh/gnewsense/packages-parkes/claws-mail/annotate/head:/debian/patches/37889-remove_nonfree_browser.patch