Re: [Gnewsense-dev] [proposal] Bugs day

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] [proposal] Bugs day
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 20:36:05 +0200

We had a nice chat session about bugs yesterday. Here's a short summary.

- Open bug count at the start of the session: 155.
- #28163 [1] is our oldest bug report in Savannah and not likely to be
  closed soon.
- #28164 [2] was updated with current status in Parkes and Debian.
  Upstream contacted.
- #38187 [3] marked won't fix because we can't control external
  resources.
- #39139 [4] we've been unable to reproduce. Perhaps talking it through
  with Albino on IRC can bring more clarity.
- #38550 [5]: Marek says rms did get it working at some point and then
  it broke again. Current status unclear. Marek will contact rms again.
- I've updated the roadmap for Parkes [6].
- #34218 [7]: antlr has a circular build dependency and also fails to
  build on mipsel because of a missing (indirect) build dependency
  (mono). The latter might be circumventable by building only
  arch-dependent packages.
- MichaƂ suggested dose3 and edos-distcheck to help with build
  dependency checking.
- Open bug count at the end of the session: 154. That just proves that
  this is a bad metric for the work that's being done. ;)

If you see a bug that you would like to take on, there's no need to
wait for another bug session. Anyone with a Savannah account can
comment on bugs. If you're not sure how to get started, ask here or in
#gnewsense-dev (you may have to hang around a few hours to get a reply).

[1] https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?28163: Not all software is free
[2] https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?28164: GNU Telephony
[3] https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?38187: Non-free in Midori FAQ
[4] https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?39139: Desktop launcher broken