Re: [Gnewsense-dev] GNU Telephony

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] GNU Telephony
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 16:59:17 +0200

Op Tue, 18 Jun 2013 10:31:41 +0200
schreef Marek Buras <address@hidden>:

> I've used Ekiga 3.2.7 and it was stable enough to make phone calls.

Excellent.

> I have no experience with GNU SIP Witch, but I'll try to look at the
> git repository during my "free time" window.

Testing if the packages from their squeeze archive work might be
sufficient for our purposes. I think we can trust this GNU project to
provide only free software as an external repo for us. Not importing
their sources into our repo means less work for us and we don't have to
care about the self-hosting requirement (a.k.a. can we build it from
source) for it.