Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Access to development machine for contributors

From: Marek Buras
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Access to development machine for contributors
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 21:56:55 +0000

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 10:54:32PM +0200, Sam Geeraerts wrote:
> We should be able to tweak our rebuildd setup [1] with a source_cmd and
> post_build_cmd that would also scan home directories, so that
> developers could upload source packages to the build queue. But you
> probably also want shell access to build source packages in the first
> place. I can have a look at this in the weekend.

Yup - shell access to the chroot environment would be the best solution, but I
understand there are capacity and security issues related to that...

> Samy's idea is interesting, though. I haven't used the compile farm
> myself, but I believe some Gentoo people use it for part of their
> distro development. It might be good enough to use in the short term.

I'll ask GNA hackers about it. Access to the cross compiler would be great too
since I don't have lemote hardware and I've failed to create my cross compiling
toolchain before I had to move.

--
Marek Buras
cyfr0n (at) onet.pl