Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Debderive

From: Stayvoid
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Debderive
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 16:47:57 +0300

> Yeah, for patches it's convenient to have the file attached.
OK.

> .py to the file name? I'd argue against it.
I strongly disagree.
"The filename extension was originally used to easily determine the
file's generic type." [1]
Imagine a system without extensions. It will be such a mess!

> The person running the software doesn't need to care (or know) what its
> written in.
It's usually better to provide more information.
.py is more informative that just "a file."

I've looked through some projects written in Python. [2, 3, 4] All of
them have the extension for the source code.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filename_extension
[2] https://github.com/pybrain/pybrain
[3] https://github.com/scipy/scipy
[4] https://github.com/numpy/numpy