Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Avaneya

From: Kip Warner
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Avaneya
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 05:50:24 -0700

On Wed, 2010-07-07 at 05:44 -0700, Jason Self wrote:
> Kip Warner wrote:
> > we plan a
> > gNewSense port for a variety of hardware, including mipsel. We have
> > some hardware from the kind folks at Lemote to help this happen.
>
> Please don't cross-post.

Hey Jason. I posted to both developer and user lists because developers
have typically been interested in following the development of the game
for their respective distros, and end users of the distros have been
interested because they want to play it.

> That's great but you realize that there's already some work done in this
> area (gNewSense has been working on the Yeeloong for some time.) From
> your message it seemed like you were talking about entirely new work and
> coordinating with the existing Yeeloong efforts seems like a better
> idea. :)
>
> I don't know what other pieces of hardware you're looking at but
> supporting other hardware platforms in general sounds like a good idea.
> In reality, though, probably only if you're also willing to maintain
> it/them on an ongoing basis after the initial porting work is done.

Actually I am referring to the game itself, not gNewSense. I am aware
gNewSense already runs on mipsel. I meant the game will have a mipsel
port which, naturally, will be packaged for gNewSense since it is the
easiest to use distro available for that architecture that I know of.

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred