Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Avaneya

From: Jason Self
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Avaneya
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 05:44:29 -0700

Kip Warner wrote:
> we plan a
> gNewSense port for a variety of hardware, including mipsel. We have
> some hardware from the kind folks at Lemote to help this happen.

Please don't cross-post.

That's great but you realize that there's already some work done in this
area (gNewSense has been working on the Yeeloong for some time.) From
your message it seemed like you were talking about entirely new work and
coordinating with the existing Yeeloong efforts seems like a better
idea. :)

I don't know what other pieces of hardware you're looking at but
supporting other hardware platforms in general sounds like a good idea.
In reality, though, probably only if you're also willing to maintain
it/them on an ongoing basis after the initial porting work is done.