Re: [Gnewsense-dev] installable on mipsel again

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] installable on mipsel again
Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 10:01:56 +0930

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 22:44:50 +0200
Sam Geeraerts <address@hidden> wrote:

> Karl Goetz schreef:
> > On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 23:05:40 +0200
> > Sam Geeraerts <address@hidden> wrote:
> >> grub-yeeloong, but there's no package with that fix in the archive
> >> (anymore?). The installer downloads 1.98~20091212-2 (rmh/byhand),
> >> which is older than the fix.
> >
> > My yeeloong has grub 1.97 installed, so not even that.
> >
> > If there is a bug about this already, coudl you reopen it? (mutter).
>
> I chose sleep in favour of digging through bug reports yesterday. :)
> Today's search turned up my original bug report about this:
> https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?28489

Sigh. that one.
5 second overview: Grub 1.98 from debian unstable builds on debian
stable, but not gnewsense 3.

If anyone knows how to fix it, please do :/

That out of the way, what should I do? I can build the updated package
in a lenny pbuilder and upload it, but it does mean anyone wanting to
build it has to work out why its broken on gNS (unlikely, considering
i've never had a questiona bout building our other packages), or we
have to tell them to build it on lenny - which isn't an option.

grumble.
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)