[Gnewsense-dev] Debugging linux freeze / crash problems on the yeeloong

From: Danny Clark
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Debugging linux freeze / crash problems on the yeeloong
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 16:00:41 -0500

Could someone speak to how to debug problems on the yeeloong, where the
kernel, linux freezes without spewing any errors to the console?

I found Wu's paper at
http://lwn.net/images/conf/rtlws11/papers/proc/p14.pdf and we are trying
ftrace, but it would be useful to know exactly what tools Lemote used
early in the bring-up process - for example people have mentioned that
it is possible to do linux debugging using PMON, but I've been unable to
find any documentation on how to do that.

One specific thing we would like to know is if anyone has gotten kgdb to
work on the system - Bernie thought that maybe at the momment mips big
endien was supported, but mips little endian (mipsel), as the loongson2f
is, was not.

Thanks as always,
--
Daniel JB Clark   | Sys Admin, Free Software Foundation
pobox.com/~dclark | http://www.fsf.org/about/staff#danny