Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: Debugging linux freeze / crash problems on the y

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: Debugging linux freeze / crash problems on the yeeloong
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 20:45:11 +0100

Daniel Clark schreef:
Wu Zhangjin wrote:
Hi,

On Tue, 2010-01-05 at 16:00 -0500, Danny Clark wrote:
Could someone speak to how to debug problems on the yeeloong, where the
kernel, linux freezes without spewing any errors to the console?
are you working with the console? and with the 2D acceleration of sm712
enabled? If yes, the problem should be the bug of 2D acceleration.

I've reproduced from other boxes via ssh into the target box as well, so
I do not think this is the problem I was seeing; but I think we
currently do have CONFIG_FB_SM7XX_ACCEL enabled, so it is important that
we disable it judging from your information.

I've seen various config options come by on this and the gnu-lemote mailing list. Is anyone keeping track of these? It would suck to come up against the same issues multiple times or to miss out on (fixed) features in newer versions because some of these config options/gotchas have faded from memory or are misunderstood.