Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: [gNewSense-users] possible error in gen-kernel b

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: [gNewSense-users] possible error in gen-kernel builder script
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 22:45:25 +0200

Karl Goetz schreef:
On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 23:27:18 +1000
Tony <address@hidden> wrote:

That proposed regex is syntactically incorrect, I believe.

It does not close the \( with a corresponding \)

Good catch.
Should have been:

As for leaving it broken - yeah. thats an option too. I'm not going to
block the release on it, for example ;)

Regex looks OK now. Since I couldn't find any documentation, I asked in #ubuntu-kernel about these modules files, but I got only tumbleweeds. Judging from the comment "so it'll compile without some modules" it was introduced to fix a broken build (although I wonder how it fixed anything with that regex). So if the current build ain't broken, there's no real need to fix it. I'd at least add the fixed regexp in a comment anyway, maybe with a "TODO: Find out what this does". With any luck someone smarter than us will take notice and explain it.