Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Improving gNS "Help and Support"

From: Zach Oglesby
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Improving gNS "Help and Support"
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 09:47:24 +0200

Quoting Karl Goetz <address@hidden>:

0. Take GNOME Documentation Style Guide as a reference for style

Try not to get to bogged down being correctly styled. Hack on doco.
Make words. When you've got a bit of a groove happening start to make
your lives harder.

1. Open the project for the document About gNewSense
2. Propose a structure for the document (in any format)
3. Define the final structure from the proposals
4. Propose the content
5. Write a draft in the wiki combining the content proposals
6. Revise and improve
7. Write the final document in DocBook

7 is the step that worries me most out of those. If your going to be
doing that perhaps a script to automate wiki -> docbook would be in
order (one may exist already). Even if it just automates the basics,
its a lot better then a full rewrite.

The resultant docbook should probably wind up in a revision control
system of some sort as a 'step 8'.

I will look around for a script to convert it to docbook, the ones I have seen do an ok job but we will still have to fine comb it. As for the version control I agree, I was going to suggest that as well. Not sure what gNS uses for version control or who to talk to about getting them set up though.

--
Zach Oglesby
GPG Key: 1378F79F