Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Improving gNS "Help and Support"

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Improving gNS "Help and Support"
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 10:57:39 +0930

On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 14:28:37 -0500
Luis Felipe Lopez Acevedo <address@hidden> wrote:

> El mié, 24-06-2009 a las 15:37 +0300, Osama KM escribió:
> > Hello, GNUers.
> >

> (trimmed)
>
> > Unfortunately, gNewSense current Help and Support Center (System ->
> > Help and Support) doesn't really do what we aim to. In fact, it

[trim]

> Hello, Osama and all.
>
> I'd like to help with this.
>
> To start, I was thinking of creating a project in the list of projects
> for the documentation team[1] to identify the set of documents that
> could be included in the Help System. Once we have decided what
> documents are needed, we could create a project per document.
>
> I made the following list of the documents that I, as a user, would
> like to find in the Help System. I think they should be DocBook
> documents to be able to include them more easily in the operating
> system and in the Web site. Plus, they would be easier to translate
> too.
>
> ***
[trim]
> ***
>

> I'd like to hear your opinions on this. I'll create the project if you
> think it's ok.

Sounds brilliant, but try and take into account the work already done
in the wiki :)
There is semi-structured documentation already available there, which
could be a handy place to start on your project.

So far the kiss of death for doco projects has been someone being
nominated as 'in charge', so lets avoid that here and you magically
make stuff happen :)
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)