Re: [Gnewsense-dev] homemade linux-libre kernel repo

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] homemade linux-libre kernel repo
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 12:58:58 +0930

On Fri, 14 Aug 2009 23:26:05 +0000
Elias Angulo <address@hidden> wrote:

> Yes please, I would like to do everything all right with the repo,
> send me the requisites you want or look for me in the IRC under the
> nick felix ;)

I was in the progress of setting up a repo , but time available for
such things disappeared a while back :(
Figured it would be a handy testing ground for stuff which could be
implemented by gNS. I still think that, but I can't use it for testing
until after I've set it up ;) As such, this list is a workflow as well
as guidelines.

    * Someone discovers a need for a package
    * They open a ticket to track the package using the details below
                (details of ticket)
    * They create / backport / update / import the package
        o Must build in pbuilder.
        o Should be Lintian clean, or have a convincing reason not to
be.
                (details of desired package naming)
        o GPG sign .changes, .dsc
    * They make it publicly accessible
          o Anyone can test or review the packages
    * An admin copies the source deb(s) onto the buildd

Depending on how you set your repo up, I may come and poach your config
off you when I'm ready to setup mine ;)
Alternatively, grab me on IRC/email me off list and we can chat about
it now.
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)