Re: [Gnash] Navigation links not being follwed?

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Navigation links not being follwed?
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 10:36:54 -0600

strk wrote:
> Rob, we *do* support relative URL, (well, in HEAD at least).
> That's the main reason for the URL class.
> What doesn't work in this case is probably the GetURL internal
> function. We should make -v always print what is known to *not*
> work.

  There are two types of URL. GetURL does work, but when navigating web
pages it appears to not use that opcode. Unless it's changed while I was
on vacation, the code for parsing these types of URLs doesn't use
GetURL, but instead has it's own code.

movie_root::get_url(const char *url)
{
    GNASH_REPORT_FUNCTION;

    string command = "mozilla -remote \"openurl";
    command += url;
    command += ")\"";
    dbglogfile << "Launching URL... " << command << endl;
    system(command.c_str());
}

  This is how the URL gets processed to load into the browser, and is
insufficient for anything but a full URL. To use a Flash movie to
navigate a web page with frames (which is usually how it's done), I
believe we need to add support for Javascript to the plugin, so the
frame data, etc.. can be passed to the player, and the player needs to
pass data back to the browser. Supporting relative URLs will help with
this, but won't cover all cases.

  And yes, I highly agree that -v should print anything that won't work.

        - rob -